Monday, October 6, 2008

A small hiccup

I went to my Dr.'s appointment on Friday only to find out it had been canceled because they thought I would not be able to keep the appointment because I was having a procedure done on my back, soooooo.... I won't be seeing the Dr. until Thursday and therefore starting my chemo on Thursday. I look at it as a blessing because I did have the back procedure (kyphoplasty) done on Friday and this gives me a few days to heal up before starting the treatments.

My back feels great. It just continues to amaze me what awesome things they can do to help strengthen an aging body.

I loved listening to conference this weekend. My testimony was strengthened and I felt reassured of my Heavenly Father's love and concern not only for me but for all of us. What a great blessing to have Prophets and Apostles on the earth to direct and encourage and strengthen our lives. I can't wait to get a copy of all the talks and read them again!

Thanks again to all of you for your prayers and continued support you give to our family.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm so happy to hear that your back is feeling better! Who thought of that procedure first?! Cement in the back? Amazing minds!
We'll be praying for you as you start your treatments. Look forward to a little package in the mail from Anna. She's been wanting to send Grandma Carolyn something! We love you!

Unknown said...

Carolyn will start her chemo tomorrow (Friday). She will be staying in SLC for approximately the next three weeks while they give the chemo treatments and harvest 20 million of her stem cells. Even though some patients have a tough time with this phase, we are praying Carolyn will be the star patient and breeze through the next three weeks. Good luck Carolyn!

The Tanaka's said...

The Moore family have you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. We hope your back continues to make progress and that the stem cell transplant is an absolute success! Please keep us all updated. We pray that you are able to get lots of sleep, are able to eat as much as possible and stay your strong self (mentally and physically)! With love from us all.

Jana said...

Mariellen told me about your blog. I have been trying it everyday and it was a template with no entries. I got Sue's email today (yes, I am not in the ward, but like to still hear the happenings), and realized there is no s after Carolyn. But, I finally got it straight and just got caught up on all of them, and am excited to hear of your progress. You and your family are amazing! Our prayers are with you, as are so many others. Your strenght brings tears to my eyes. We love you!