Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday, October 17, 2008

My first week of treatment is over!! I don't know how things could have gone any better than they did, a testimony that Heavenly Father is watching over us and is answering the prayers being offered in our behalf. Thank you all. I can't explain the gratitude I feel each hour of each day for the wonderful friends, family, ward members, doctors and staff that are watching over our family. We continue to pray for each of you as well in the challenges that you are experiencing with life and hope that you will feel the same love and peace that we feel from an all knowing Heavenly Father.

Starting today, they expect my counts to start to drop and my immune system to bottom out, so I have begun wearing a mask when I leave the house. I have to be really cautious about germs. They did give me the weekend off, so I don't have to go back until Monday morning at 7:00 a.m. Tuesday they will put a second port in my neck and hopefully on Wednesday or Thursday they will begin to pull the stem cells. It is an amazing process.

We are meeting a lot of new people and each of them has had different challenges along the way with their care. We are learning so much and trying to be completely obedient to the Dr.'s orders, knowing that if we do our part we can expect success.

The hardest part of this so far for me has been not being around all of you. I miss my friends, my neighbors, my young women, going to church, and all the social aspects of my life. I miss especially my kids.

Hope life is treating all of you well. God Bless.

9 comments:

Holly Toolson said...

Carolyn, I am so glad to hear that the procedures are going well and that you are in good spirits! Your posts are truly inspiring to me. It's amazing how your strength can lift us all. You are an amazing woman with immense faith. I am thinking about you and praying for you every day. We miss you too, and can't wait until we can bring you dinner (hehe) so that to get a hug! We love you and your family.
Love, Holly

Nanette Merrill said...

Carolyn you are in our personal and family prayers everyday.

Ashley said...

First week done!! We're so glad everything went well. We are always thinking of you.
Random, but Anna is all over the place on the rocking horse. Did Shea tell you how she rocks as far as it will let her? It kind of scares me, but she loves it. Thanks for giving that to her! We think of you every time she gets on it. I know we all can't wait to see 'Grandma Carolyn' at Christmas!

Unknown said...

Glad to hear things are going well. I see my oncologist for the first time tomorrow. You show me the right way to do this cancer thing (and I have the easy one, not nearly as scary as yours). Keep up the good work!
Marilyn (Tebbs) Bennett

Wilhite's said...

Carolyn,
It is great to know it is going well. I do hope that your body will continue to be able to fight off all the germs and that the DR.s take good care of you. Every one misses you and pray for you. Take care and know that we love you dearly. Your attitude is a true inspiration to me!
Have a good week.
Love,
Kathy Willhite

flora said...

You go girl. You are in my prayers too. Love to you.

Kris in Lymeland. said...

Carolyn,

So glad you are doing well! Hang in there! It's the worst weight loss plan ever but it sure does work for cancer.
Chad & Kristen

Sydney said...

Miss You!!!

Anonymous said...

hey carolyn
hope your doing well. remember we love yo miss you and pray for you everyday. love wealtha