Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Finally pullin stem cells

I guess I'm not the ideal stem cell giver, but at least I finally got started on Saturday with the process of harvesting stem cells. I have pulled stem cells on Saturday, Sunday, Monday and today, Tuesday. Saturday and Sunday I got just over 1 million and Monday I got over 2 million. So before today I had a total of just about 5 million stem cells. The goal would be 20 million. I am getting 2 shots a day to help push the stem cells out into my blood. Jeff also gave me a blessing yesterday so I know things will start to move along and even if it takes me all week we will get the needed stem cells. The guy next to me got 13 million in one day! I'm really happy for him because it is a little hard to hook up to the machine each day and sit for 4-5 hours while the machine pulls out the cells. He is older and it really wore him out so hopefully he won't have to do it too many days.

Yvonne Gottfredson is here this week "babysitting" me. Thanks so much Yvonne. I feel great. I got some notes from the ladies in our ward and enjoyed reading them all. Thank you. My family tells me of some act of kindness that someone has done every day for them. My eyes feel with tears when I think of each of you and the love that you show for us. I don't know how to express my gratitude but I hope you all can feel our prayers for you and all that you are doing for us.

I hope to be home on Monday or Tuesday. I can't wait! I really miss home. I have enjoyed reading the conference talks this week. I love Elder Wirthlin's talk and I try to remember his mother's words...come what may and love it. I am loving many aspects of this experience. I am a better person and more aware of many things than I was before. I hope I can remember everything that I am feeling and learning and hope to improve in my ability to serve and love those around me. I have learned so much from all of you. Thank you.

1 comment:

Nanette Merrill said...

Elder Wirthlin's talk is my favorite too. I've been watching the replays on BYU chanel and looking for it so I can hear it over and over. His talk last spring was my favorite then too. It was a sweet tribute that Elder Holland paid to him too. Little things like that can make the difference in perspective. I'm so sorry about Kristen's knee yesterday. Oh how sad and terrible for her. My girls are worried sick about her. Take care of yourself and know we pray for you and your family.