Monday, February 9, 2009

We begin again

Today, Monday February 9, 2009 I begin the chemo for the second stem cell transplant. I saw the Dr. last week. After looking at the results from my bone marrow biopsy, he said he felt real confident that with this second transplant they could put me into a full remission. That was good news for our family. I have been extremely anxious about starting this second transplant. I guess it is like having a baby. You get to the end of the pregnancy and realize what is coming in order to get the baby here and you start to question why you thought it would be nice to have another child! Because I have some idea of what is ahead I get a little nervous. But, by spring I should be feeling really good and be healthier than I have been for a while. I don't have to move up to Salt Lake until the end of the week. Friday, February 13 (I guess I should wear garlic around my neck) they will infuse the stem cells and then they want me to be close to the Huntsman Center for the next 3 weeks. Fortunately, we will be staying in the same place we stayed the first time, very close to the HCI. We continue to feel optimistic about our circumstances and appreciate the support we receive from all of our family, friends and ward members. We hope and pray that all of you are finding joy in the journey you are on at this time in your lives. My testimony of Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ has increased. I look back on this experience with no regrets, only gratitude for what I have been able to learn. I will however, be glad when this is all over and life can get back to normal, whatever normal is!

3 comments:

Gail said...

Carolyn ... I think of you every day and was glad to see the update. It's good news (!) wrapped in the icky next few weeks - but you're going to do great. Our class is always mindful of you and looking forward to seeing you healthy and strong again ... SOON.
XO Gail Berry

Becky said...

Carolyn- you finally posted!! I have been checking everyday! I am always thinking about you and your family, I am just amazed at the strength and courage you have all shown, true examples! You will do great, we are all cheering for you, it was so great to see you few weeks back! love you Carolyn!

Becky Snow

Rogers said...

Hey, we are leaving to come home today. Let's have lunch (fishing??) or something to celebrate your birthday before you have to be in isolation! Put me on your calendar. You are an amazing lady Carolyn. I am blessed by you all the time. See you tomorrow (it will take us 35 hours to get home!! LOTS OF LAYOVERS!) Susan