Saturday, December 6, 2008

Miracles

Carolyn wants to record the miracles that are happening to her as she goes

through this treatment. There have been many, but here are a couple of

significant miracles that have happened in the last two weeks. It's a

miracle that she is still with us after her body went into septic shock on

Thanksgiving day. It's also a miracle that she is recovering so quickly

after all she has been through (that's the word her Doctor used!). Although

she is still weak and tired, we're extremely grateful she is doing so well.

Today they are trying to get her blood pressure stabilized and her fever to

quit spiking. If she does good today, she may get released from the hospital

tomorrow. If her fever continues to spike, they may remove her port to see

if that is causing some infection. The tests show that the bacterial

infection in her blood is gone. After she is released from the hospital, she

will need to stay in Salt Lake for a few more days until she gets cleared by

her Doctor to go home to Alpine.


As a family we are grateful to all of you who have shown your love and

support to Carolyn and her family. We feel your prayers and know the Lord is

blessing Carolyn because of your faith. Thank you so much. Words can't

express the gratitude we feel for all you have done to help Carolyn get

through this challenge. Carolyn is a tough old bird and we know she will get

through this treatment and will be able to bless the lives of others for

many years to come.


Posted by Becca Dodds

11 comments:

Sydney said...

So glad to hear the good news! Can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

Keep going Carolyn! We pray for you daily. Cancer and chemotherapy are no fun (and you have a much harder trial with it than I do) but I appreciate being able to see how you handle your trials so that I can handle my small part to the best of my ability. Keep seeing the miracles.
Marilyn (Tebbs) Bennett

jimlee said...

Carolyn-This is Shellie. I am so happy to hear you've made the uphill turn. Hang in there and get strong...you've got a gorgeous new grandson to hold and cuddle! My thoughts and prayers are with you daily. You're amazing! Hang in there!

Nikki said...

I am so glad to hear that you are doing better. You are such a strong and amazing person we love you!
Dave and Nikki

Rogers said...

Hope they figured out what was causing the fever and you are up and around and feelin better!!!!You told Dr. Tricott in the begining to 'be prepared to see miracles'...and he is! What a great example you are!!! See you soon. Love you, Susan

Nancy said...

Carolyn~ Hang in there. You have alot of us praying for you. You are an inspiration.

Nancy

Mariellen said...

Carolyn,
I have been hounding Yvonne for information about you. You have been in our thoughts and prayers. Your name was mentioned in several tesitmonies yesterday in church and in ALL our prayers. We miss you SOOO much. Your absences has left a huge hole in our ward family. I know that if it was in your power to just jump out of bed and come home you would, but I had to tell you how much you are missed anyway. I love you and miss you. Drew Toolson and Caleb Tuckett had fun with lipstick in Breana's bedroom this morning. I thought that might make you smile! Did you get my phone message about Josh?
Love you!
Mariellen

Emily Gottfredson said...

Carolyn!! Hello it's me again!! I just wanted you to know that I put more pictures on my blogspot and there are some of Lucas and Scotty and Georgia, Joseph... the whole gang!! They miss you so much and love you! And did you know that this year I'm the girls bball manager?! I get to watch Kristen, Britt, Megs, Day, etc... play! I actually videotape all of the games! They are doing so good! Megan is a madwoman! In one game she made I think it was 26 points and it was out of 42 or something.. In the 40's. Just thought you would like to know!! You're awesome Carolyn and such a good example!! Keep fighting I know you can get through this!!
Love ya neighbor!
-Emily :)
emilyruthgottfredson.blogspot.com

Nanette Merrill said...

I had to laugh at the "tough old bird" comment! haha That will Carolyn a laugh. Women of our age are hard to keep down I think. We are fighters. Sepsis is a frightening situation. We continue to remember Carolyn in all our prayers at our house.

Michelle, Jack, Charlie, and Nick! said...

Hey this is Michelle, Nancy Pierces girl, I just want you to know Carolyn that you are in our thoughts and prayers and we think your an amazing woman!

Kris in Lymeland. said...

Carolyn,

What a blessing that the sepsis is gone! We are so happy to hear that news. A little joke for your immune system but you will have to say it out loud to someone else to get it. My describing it is going to ruin it but oh well....
Me: "Knock Knock"
You: "Who's There"
Me: "Control freak. Okay now you say control freak who."
That's the joke. I hope you got it. Keep smiling =) Kristen Molen