Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Chemo Treatment

On Friday August 29, I had my first Chemo treatment. It went really well. I am unable to take the oral Chemo because I have to make sure I"m no pregnant before they will give me the drug, so for now I am only getting the IV Chemo. I didn't feel any complications from the chemo and have felt great over the weekend. I go in today, September 2 for my second treatment and I am hoping for the same success.

I contacted the Huntsman Cancer Institute today and did an initial visit over the phone with the "new patient" account personal, Debbie. It appears it will take a few weeks to get set up and in to the Dr. there, but I am feeling like it is the best place for me to be getting my care. They have a Dr. Tricot, (Like the material), that is apparently the best Dr. in the country for treating myeloma. He just recently moved his practice to the HCI, I'm sure he did it for me! I am excited to get aquainted with him and his staff and get going on my treatment.

Today I am feeling a bit anxious. I think things are starting to settle in my brain and I just want to be done! I have never been a very patient person.

All of your prayers continue to sustain us. Thank you.

2 comments:

Dave and Terry said...

What a beautiful family you have and all doing good things with their lives. You have quite a cheering section. Our love and prayaers are with you.
With love, Terry

bonniearmitstead said...

I love seeing your blog. You do such a good job of keeping us up to date and inspiring us with your courage, faith, and vibrant personality.

Keep up the good work!

I see that you got a new ADORABLE grand baby! I think you're ahead of me now! I think my kids had better catch me up!

I have been teaching the 11 year-olds in Primary because Sister Allphin had back surgery. It is really very tender to hear them pray for you, Carolyn. They have such pure, sweet spirits. And they are full of faith and expect miracles. Your whole experience is blessing all of our lives.

Lynn and I are praying for you every day, too. You remain the best!

Love,

Bonnie A.