Tuesday, September 9, 2008

September 9, 2008

Just a quick update. Not really too much to report. Tomorrow is my final chemo treatment of this series. I have felt really good and have not had any ill effects from the chemo so far. I feel really blessed for that reason.

Tomorrow night I will go to the HCI to have an MRI and then on Thursday morning they will run a series of tests on my blood, marrow, heart etc. because they like to have their own test results before they begin treating patients.

I have an appointment with Dr. Tricot on Monday September 15, and I am hoping to get a better feel for what we are facing. Dr. Tricot has had good success with treating this type of cancer and seems to lean toward stem cell transplant for fighting the cancer. If any of you are interested you can go to his website at www.fightmyeloma.org. and read about all the good things that are happening with myeloma.

I appreciate all the wonderful notes, phone calls, food, and words of love and compassion for our family over the past few weeks. Also all the prayers and fasting that have been offered in our behalf. We truly feel your love and support.

We are optimisitc. We have every reason to be hopeful. Our testimonies are strong and we believe in the great healing power of the priesthood. With that being said, we completely trust in our Heavenly Father and we know he has a plan for our family.

Thank you all so much. Our burden has been lightened because of each of you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well what can I say to you. You are a
strong person and you have great faith. If I can do anything at all please let me know. We love you and hope that you know you are loved.

Love Ron & Elna and family