Sunday, November 23, 2008

Almost there

Friday I got the stem cell transplant. Everything went great. Saturday was just an okay day, but today, Sunday I am feeling much better. Dr. Tricot said that day +5, 6, and 7 which will be Wed, Thurs, and Friday, will be my worst days, so I am preparing for the upcoming week, but honestly I am doing so great. I feel so blessed.

Shea has been with me today. Jeff just got here to spend the night and tomorrow. Jeff and I are excited to welcome our new grandson into the world tomorrow. Carter Mark(?) Owens will have his turn on earth starting tomorrow, November 24. We are so excited, I have butterflies just typing about it. I love my grandbabies!

I hope everyone enjoys the Thanksgiving holiday. I love Thanksgiving, getting together with family and eating good food. Playing games, shooting skeet, Turkey Tournament, all good times.
Have a fun week together family. I love you.

Here's a birthday shout out to Rachael Hubert and Makelle Brown. Hope you had a great B-day!

I have a picture of all you darling beehives sitting on my nightstand. I see your smiles when I climb into bed at night and your smiles when I get up in the morning. Your all beautiful. Thank you.

I came across this quote today and I loved it.

"When we really believe in Jesus Christ-meaning that He will overrule for our good and that He knows who we are--that kind of faith naturally creates a feeling of hope and optimism."

I am filled with hope and optimism. I know Christ knows me and is aware of me. I am healing and gaining strength each day. Life is so good.

4 comments:

Rogers said...

Okay Carolyn, you know how computor illiterate I am...plus i can't spell! I finally got on your blog. You are a good writer! Syd is bringing you my cell phone. USE IT! We lost minutes last month! Like 700. You are amazing! Thank you for letting me use you in my talk yesterday. You are loved. Can't wait to hear how baby Carter arrived! Love you and pray for you and think of you always. Wish I could come spend the weeks with you! Talk to you soon. Susan

Gail said...

Carolyn, thinking of you every single day - along with all those who love you - we think of you in Tuesday class and I know you're on many "prayer lists". Diane and Wealtha, (etc) keep us posted on your progress and we'll be so happy on the day we hear that this is over and you're healthy again.
XO Gail Berry

Kinsey said...

You're certainly inspirational..they way you maintain such strength and optimism in times of trials. Thank you for sharing. You're in my prayers!

Butternugget said...

sCarolyn, we love you!!! Scotty and Georgia went to a Christmas party today. They both loved the fish pond and the snacks. When my uncle came out in his red bathrobe with batting on his face, Georgia yelled, "Hey - you're not Santa Claus!" Scotty put on an elf hat and asked if he could be Santa's helper, passing out the candy canes and loving every minute of it. As the whole family was singing "Bless this House" around the piano, Scotty went to the middle and began leading - with emotion! They are so excited for Christmas! We love you and pray for you! Scotty says: I'll send you a letter tomorrow and it will say what I think we should plant in your garden next year."